Sep 23 2017
Aging & Alzheimer’s awareness – Week 2 of 4
Alzheimer’s Facts & Figures – source
To donate and/or join our team for the Winston-Salem ‘Walk to End Alzheimer’s’ on Saturday October 14th, 2017, click WSWGAA – WalkToEndAlz Thank You!
10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgement
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in moon and personality
What is the difference between Alzheimer’s and typical age-related changes?
|Signs of Alzheimer’s/dementia||Typical age-related changes|
|Poor judgment and decision-making||Making a bad decision once in a while|
|Inability to manage a budget||Missing a monthly payment|
|Losing track of the date or the season||Forgetting which day it is and remembering it later|
|Difficulty having a conversation||Sometimes forgetting which word to use|
|Misplacing things and being unable to retrace steps to find them||Losing things from time to time|
What to do if you notice these signs?
If you notice any of the 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s in yourself or someone you know, don’t ignore them. Schedule an appointment with your doctor.
You are not alone – Help and support is available
Care and support services are available, making it easier for you and your family to live the best life possible with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
24/7 Helpline: 800.272.3900
~Winston-Salem Wolfhounds GAA Health Information (#WSWGAAHEALTHINFO)